Monday 21 September 2009

The Other Mr Ranks

It's time for some Cutty Ranks, my second favourite DJ (Buju being number one). Here are two combination tracks and Cutty on his own. I haven't included the dancefloor smashes Who Say Me Dun and Limb By Limb here (also popular as Jungle remixes), saving them for the second volume. I have some other Cutty tracks I'm saving for Vol 2 but what I really want is The Stopper (which has a kind of stammer effect), I have it on a radio tape I made of Daddy Ernie's Reggae show on Choice FM. Surely this is prime for a reissue (Soul Jazz?).

I will write more on the fantastic Beres Hammond and legendary Marcia Griffiths later. But for now, enjoy the combination styles:

Love Mi Haffi Get - Beres Hammond and Cutty Ranks

Half Idiot - Marcia Griffiths and Cutty Ranks

and the 1991 hit (taken from Jetstar's Reggae Hits 9)

Sound Boy Retreat - Cutty Ranks

No comments:

Post a Comment